Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker has promised voters that his new Fair Tax amendment will only affect the wealthy, as well as the middle class and the poor.

Pritzker assured a majority of voters they won’t have to worry about not seeing an income tax hike, as this primarily targets the top 1%, as well as the other 99%.

“This will only affect the wealthy,” Pritzker said at a press conference Friday. “Also the middle class, and the poor. Much like my gas tax hikes and always increasing property taxes, I can promise you this will affect just the wealthy as well as all Illinoisans equally. It’s about fairness.”

Pritzker also told reporters Friday the state’s mountain of pension debt wont’ won’t won’t stop piling up.